One year, more than 3,800,000 copies sold, 125,000,000 online games played and many Game of the Year nominations later marks an astonishing feat. Whats even more exciting is the Game Of The year edition that will soon grace the PS3. Click the link to see the features, a trailer and an interview with Naughty Dog staff members!
Next month, October 12th (Confirmed for North America), a new Game of the year version will hit shelves. Sony’s press release says:
“For just $49.99, you’ll get the regular retail Blu-ray of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves along with a “super voucher” for the PlayStation Network Store that lets you download ALL of the following DLC content:
- PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack
- UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Pack
- UNCHARTED 2 Siege Expansion Pack
- Currency Multiplier which grants Double XP up to level 10 in Multiplayer
- Golden Guns option for the AK-47 and the 92FS 9mm pistol for use in Multiplayer
- Early access to “Revenge” Booster – you still have to purchase it with in-game cash!
- UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Motion Comic Bundle (which includes Episodes 1-4)
- UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton Character Skins
- UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 1
- UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 2
- UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 3
- UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 4
- Pinball Heroes – UNCHARTED for the PSP
Sparing me the need to bust out a calculator, I’m told the total value of all the content we’re including in our Game of the Year Edition comes in at more than $35.00 if you purchased it all separately — and some of the content isn’t even available for purchase separately, so the bonus just got even better.”
To go with the enticing list of juicy DLC, Sony, and presumably Naughty Dog, put together a new cinematic trailer.
This isn’t the end though, in the same press release Naughty Dog announced that on the 16th October they will be holding “awesome anniversary festivities”. Naughty Dog will have players online all day so you can pick up tips and tricks or, indeed, get annihilated by the Devs. The devs will also be playing in a specially created “best of..” playlist that you may have seen in previous episodes of “The Lab”. The Dogs have been busy, but they are not done yet! Naughty dog are not ready to reveal everything yet, but urge us to “check back on NaughtyDog.com in the next few weeks. We’ll be posting more details on all the awesomeness we have in store for our fans!” We certainly cant wait to see whats in store!
You thought, after all that, there would be no more!? Well, your wrong! One final thing to share, the IGN Exclusive Interview with Naughty Dogs’ very own Evan Wells and Justin Richmond with “an inside look at how they are feeling a year since launch, multiplayer stats, accolades, and more”.