City Interactive, one of the fastest growing, worldwide publishers of interactive entertainment, today announced that their best selling first-person shooter, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, is coming to the PlayStation 3 system in Q1 2011. Following the successful release of Sniper: Ghost Warrior for PC and Xbox 360, the PlayStation 3 system version includes all the updates from its predecessors, as well as several new features.
The new release of Sniper: Ghost Warrior features the challenging, non-linear and strategic gameplay and mission variety that made it a success on other platforms, and adds a host of new features, including:
- Fully upgraded gameplay and graphics;
- Exclusive single player missions for PS3 owners;
- Bonus multiplayer maps;
- Exclusive new multiplayer modes including Capture the Flag and Hard Core difficulty mode
- Exclusive new sniper rifles including the L96 and the M200 Intervention
- Bonus single-player challenge: Additional mission with Hard Core mode to challenge the very best players.
“Sniper: Ghost Warrior was our most ambitious project to date and although it was extremely well-received by players, we wanted to ensure that the PS3 version took the franchise to a higher level,” said Marek Tyminski, CEO of City Interactive. “With exclusive content and modes, we are eager to introduce the best sniper game on the market to PS3 owners sometime in Q1 next year.”
Sniper: Ghost Warrior for the PlayStation 3 system is scheduled to ship in Q1 2011.