If you like Mount and Blade, War of the Roses or just brutally hacking people to death with large swords, then you might as well stick your name down for the alpha, it’s free after all!
War of the Vikings will feature:
- Historically inspired content from the Viking Age, including levels and environments, weapons, helmets, shields, and heraldry
- Skill-driven fighting blends swinging, blocking, and dodging with intense ranged combat, including arrows, spears, and throwing axes
- Enhanced squad features allow players to define a role for their warriors in battle using custom squad perks to buff your hirdmen
- Design your own Viking or Saxon warrior, choosing everything from weapons and armor to battle perks, customized taunts to unhinge your foes, and a variety of beard options
- Game modes include up to 64-player epic battles, new hardcore “Pitched Arena” mode with 32 players and no respawns, and a Training Ground to test out new character builds
if that sounds good, you can sign up here and watch the trailer just below! I’m off to go and ransack some poor peasants!